logan-133.jpglogan-130.jpg

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Chicago Newborn Photography Sneak Peek: Logan . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/29
A month after Aryan's first birthday celebration, the Bhat family met with me on a beautiful Sunday for a family portrait session. If you're a parent, I don't have to tell you how quickly kids grow and change.  Aryan wasn't quite walking on his birthday, but he was all go go go when I photographed his family session. My heart melts every time I see his baby browns and toothy smile.

Perhaps an even better photo would have been of me getting Aryan to smile.  I have no shame and I even busted out, "I'm a Little Teapot," which Aryan loved.  (If you've seen Miss Adelaide sing in "Guys and Dolls," then you can imagine how I sounded.)  Too bad the little dog didn't find my antics as amusing.  She loved to look away right when I got Aryan all smiley.  (I think she was embarrassed for me.)  :)

Throw in an adorable puppy, two wonderful parents and Chicago as the backdrop and you have a memorable and fun photo session.

(I also would like to thank my boyfriend, Johnny, for being a trooper and a car/stroller watcher. Without him, the shoot wouldn't have gone so smoothly.)

Christine says:

I love how bright & colorful these are! So wonderful - looks like everyone had a really fun time!

(06.09.09 @ 10:52 AM)

What an adorable family! I love the semi-zombi walk of the newly walking toddlers.

(06.09.09 @ 11:07 AM)
Lynette J says:

What a gorgeous family....and the colors are beautiful! You captured his newly-walking self perfectly.

(06.09.09 @ 11:19 AM)
Ben Helton says:

Such a cute family. I'm in love with that dog too!

(06.09.09 @ 03:50 PM)
Kyle says:

You rocked these, absolutely fantastic Laurie!

(06.09.09 @ 05:33 PM)
tanya says:

These are great!! Such a cute family!!

(06.10.09 @ 11:20 AM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Chicago Family Portrait: Bhat Family . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/26
First off, I want to give a couple shout outs to the lovely vendors I didn't mention last time.  For Lei Lei's lovely jewelry, check out Heatherly Designs.  For the cute little birdies on top of Lei Lei and Steven's cake, check out Minori Design

So now onto the "Trash the Dress" or "Rock the Dress" session Lei Lei and Steven did after their wedding.  The entire session lasted less than an hour, but boy did these two work it.  Funny side story:  I asked Lei Lei what her favorite color is so we could find a door she'd love.  In little less than 2 minutes after my question, we found it.  Moral of the story: Ask and you shall receive.  :)

This shoot is very urban, yet you could easily have one of these sessions in a park or nature preserve.  Totally up to you.

Enjoy!

Because we all can't get enough of Lei Lei and Steven, here's a slideshow of more images from their wedding.

Also, feel free to check out my wonderful second photographer, Steve Koo, to see the images he captured.

Stephanie says:

Laurie, you never fail to amaze me!

(06.08.09 @ 02:02 PM)
Lei Lei says:

Love LOVE LOVE the photos!!! They turned out much better than I imagined and we don't look have as exhausted as we truly were that day lol :)

(06.08.09 @ 08:36 PM)

Rockin' the urban! Love it.

(06.09.09 @ 11:05 AM)
Shikha says:

LOVE IT! I really have no idea how you do it, Laurie. Cannot WAIT to have you take pics for me....just need to figure out what exactly the occasion will be ;)

(06.14.09 @ 05:11 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Lei Lei + Steven: Rock the Dress, Urban style . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/25