I had the best time working as a second photographer for Kelli Ward a couple weeks ago. Her clients were super sweet and CRAZY fun.  These people know how to party right.

I also witnessed one of those special moments where I felt honored to be there.  One of the groomsmen had just arrived home from serving in the military in Iraq three days earlier.  He was so funny and a blast to photograph.  During the reception, he and his wife slow-danced. I could see her fears, tears, relief, EVERYTHING on her face as she looked up at her man. The thought of them together after being apart so long still gives me shivers.

Kelli also had a lot of competition while taking the family portraits. She handled everyone with complete professionalism and sweetness. Thanks, Kelli, for the opportunity to work with you!  You're awesome!!

kelli says:

it all looks so great. thank you a ton. i loved shooting with you.

(06.30.09 @ 09:42 PM)

I love these... really great compositions, and I love how you finished them. Looks like it was quite the party!

(07.01.09 @ 10:22 PM)
Sweetchic Events says:

Wow, that looks like a PARTY!!

(07.02.09 @ 02:34 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Lincoln Park and Hyatt Hotel Wedding . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/38
A couple months ago, Charlene of Sweetchic Events asked if I photograph seniors. Little known fact, but I love them.

Maylene, who is Charlene's sister, is planning to study medicine and is working at a lab this summer.  If sweetness is a job requirement, I know Maylene will do an awesome job. I'm in love with her shirt and hair bow in these pics. The colors are so vibrant.

By the way, in honor of Maylene, I'm running a summer special for senior portraits.  For an hour session with unlimited clothing changes and locations, with 15 retouched photos on a DVD, it's $325. This offer lasts until the end of July, so sign up now if you're interested.

Okay, now on with the show.

Introducing the lovely Maylene...

Jenny says:

Beautiful work.

(06.29.09 @ 09:34 PM)
Sweetchic Events says:

Awww, my sister is so adorable, thanks for the awesome pictures!

(06.30.09 @ 02:30 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Chicago Senior Photography: Maylene . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/37
Life is crazy busy right now, but in an awesome, OMG sort of way. With weddings like Annie and James', I am simply awestruck with how amazing people can be. The fast-paced life is completely worth it when I capture moments like these.

lauriepeacock-annie-james-125.jpg

Malia says:

Awesome!

(06.30.09 @ 09:06 AM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Naperville Wedding Sneak Peek: Annie + James . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/36