Man, summer FLEW by.

So in honor of summer, here are a couple memories.

man buried in sand
LPP_1531 copy.jpg

razvan says:

I'm always sad this time of the year. Summer always goes by so fast :(

(08.21.09 @ 02:05 PM)
Laurie Peacock says:

I love fall, but I don't like time passing so quickly.

(08.21.09 @ 02:07 PM)
Rebecca says:

Thanks:) my day is complete!

(08.21.09 @ 02:48 PM)
Laurie Peacock says:

I aim to please. :)

(08.21.09 @ 03:03 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: The last days of summer . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/59
A few quick words to all of my wonderful clients...

I've been working as a full-time photographer for almost a month now, and I love it!

Believe it or not, I'm busier now than I was working two full-time jobs.  Business is really taking off and I'm getting married on October 10 - of this year!

Fortunately, I made the best decision EVER and hired a wedding planner.  I'm having a very intimate wedding, but planning a wedding during the thick of wedding photography season is daunting, to say the least.  Misse Daniel of Honey Bee Weddings is already rocking it out.  If you're like me and become overwhelmed with logistics and details, hiring a wedding planner will soothe your mind more than any margarita will.  :)

In addition to some amazing weddings, I photographed a boudoir marathon session this past Friday.  Holy cow!  These women were so beautiful and vivacious.  I plan on having another one in September...stay tuned.

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone who makes my job so AWESOME.  Clients, vendors, families, my fiance, family and supportive friends, THANK YOU!!

Kelley Williams says:

Happy Wedding Planning Laurie - it is the craziest fun you will ever have!

(08.19.09 @ 03:29 PM)
Golda Baptist says:

Happy Planning!!

(08.24.09 @ 08:37 AM)
Maira Ochoa says:

Congrats on everything!!! ! Really happy to hear you are doing good! God bless!

(08.24.09 @ 01:58 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Everything always happens at once, right? . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/58
I photograph Carrie and Edward's wedding in a couple weeks and I am STOKED for it. One of my strengths as a photographer is my ability to relax people in front of the camera, but Carrie and Edward relaxed me.  Ellie, their pup, helped too.  She's a sweety pie.

Every so often during the shoot, I asked if there was a special photo or vibe they wanted to capture, and Carrie just smiled and said, Whatever you think best." Let me tell ya, this is music to a photographer's ears.  *Contented sigh*

And, um, while I'm pretty sure Carrie might kill me when she sees her fun running photos, I HAD to post them.  I can't stop laughing every time I see them. Not just a little laugh...I'm belly-laughing.  Carrie is so beautiful, even when she's being a complete goofball (Edward, you're not so bad yourself).  Yay to goofballs!

It's going to be a fun wedding.

Dennis Bullock says:

Laurie these are so great. They look like a fun couple to work with!

(08.14.09 @ 12:11 PM)
Carrie says:

Laurie - These are AWESOME! You did such a great job I am so excited to have you photograph our wedding!!! (p.s. my sister LOVES the one where I am bopping Ed on the head, thanks for capturing that!!!)

(08.14.09 @ 01:19 PM)

What a gorgeous couple! That last shot is an all-time favorite of yours, Laurie.

(08.14.09 @ 06:28 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Chicago Engagement: Carrie and Edward . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/57