I had a great time photographing Lindsay and Dan around Wrigleyville and North Avenue Beach.  I kept on making accidental puns (man, oh, man, my capability for cheesiness frightens me...thank goodness I don't take myself too seriously) and came up with all sorts of renegade shoot locations. In spite all of this, Lindsay and Dan are troopers and looked fabulous for me, plus we laughed a lot.  I'm still trying to tell myself that they were laughing WITH me and not AT me.  :)

Lindsay and Dan, congrats on your engagement!!  I think I've said it before, but I'm a firm believer that people who laugh together, stay together.

You can see these photos and more in this slideshow.

Dennis Bullock says:

Fall is an amazing time to shoot! Love them!

(10.24.09 @ 09:14 AM)

Gorgeous couple! You captured them adorably in-love.

(10.24.09 @ 11:58 AM)
Heather Parker says:

Laurie the photos are so cool - I love what you have done with the use of color in your compositions of your photos. Great work and I am sure your clients will be super happy. Its such a fun time of year to be shooting!

(10.25.09 @ 12:13 PM)
Lindsay and Dan says:

We had so much fun taking these with you!! Thank you for taking the photos and doing an amazing job!! We just love them!

(10.25.09 @ 10:55 PM)
Sylvia Bush says:

Wow- You two look awesome in your beautiful city backgrounds....Your Joy is spilling out all over your faces. We are so happy for you both! See you this weekend for the celebration. It would be great if this was your wedding photographer....she captured the essence of your both.,

(10.26.09 @ 12:29 PM)
Lynda Arimond says:

Wow, these are so awesome. I am so happy for you. And Sylvia is right, Laurie should come to Cali and be your wedding photographer!!

(10.26.09 @ 01:23 PM)
Jen says:

OMG! Dan and Linds, I can feel the excitement from way over here in California... I can't wait to see you!

(10.26.09 @ 01:36 PM)
Judy Sullivan says:

Congratulations to you both. What beautiful pictures.... and colors... beautiful matching blue eyes... see you Friday night.

(10.26.09 @ 01:51 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Engaged! Lindsay and Dan . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/85
LPP_1032.jpg
Sometimes a kiss isn't just a kiss...
heather parker says:

from the looks of this, it seemed like a very dark venue and you nailed this shot with some fabulous lighting. looks so natural. great work!

(10.22.09 @ 10:29 AM)

Excellent, Laurie! You couldn't have time this more perfectly.

(10.22.09 @ 06:48 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Sneak Peek: Anna-Lisa and Mike . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/84
I had the lovely opportunity to attend my cousin's wedding the weekend before my own. I was excited to enjoy cocktail hour and hanging out with my stepfather's family (it was his nephew who was getting married).  And I know my brides and grooms would be surprised (NOT!), but I even danced.

One of my favorite parts of the wedding was when the groom sang and played his original song he had written for his bride-to-be after they started dating. His sisters were crying so much during the song, yet the bride kept it together.  Impressive!

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Be my guest, be my guest . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/83