srblog-lauriepeacock-200.jpg

Some photographers like to "Trash the Dress," but when a bride has a dress as fabulous as Soojin's, I'm loathsome to destroy its beauty for art's sake. Soojin decided to wear her own work of art, er, dress while Ray wore one of his comfy business suits for their "Day After" portrait session.

By the way, Soojin is especially in love with the back of the dress.  She wanted to make sure that I took tons of photos of it. Let's see how many I was able to capture.  :)

DSC_0067.jpg

That's one...

We really were so lucky with the incredible autumn light. It just sparkled behind these two lovebirds.

Now onto the beach! As you can tell, they had to move around to stay warm, but I think these photos were worth it. Also, back by popular demand, Ray's fave jumping shot.

As you can see, a "Day After" session is a relaxed way to celebrate your new marriage together. You don't have to destroy your dress, but you can move with ease with no worries or schedule to follow.

Thanks Soojin and Ray!

srblog-lauriepeacock-218.jpg

Soojin says:

Thank SO much for these wonderful shots!!! It was a fun morning. :)

(11.05.10 @ 09:42 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Soojin + Ray's Day After Portrait Session . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/195
Stacey and George

The minute I walked into Stacey and George's condo, I knew their wedding was going to be gorgeous. Stacey's decor was vintage, and I'm in love with her print, "The Greatest Day of a Girl's Life." I'd like to add "...so far." My guess is that having kids or receiving the Nobel Peace Prize could compete with your wedding day. :)

The greatest day in a girl's life

I love how delicately Stacey is arranging her birdcage veil.

sgblog-lauriepeacock-101.jpg
sgblog-lauriepeacock-103.jpg

I fell in love with their cat. Doesn't he look like a dandy in his tux?

sgblog-lauriepeacock-105.jpg

Well, until he tried to play with Stacey's train.

sgblog-lauriepeacock-106.jpg

A bride has to store her flowers where she can.

sgblog-lauriepeacock-107.jpg

And give mom kisses...

sgblog-lauriepeacock-108.jpg
sgblog-lauriepeacock-109.jpg

On my list to buy, thanks to Stacey's inspiration: Irises, chandelier, red lipstick, and a to-die-for vintage mirror.

While I was photographing the ladies, my second photographer, Allison, was able to pal around with George and his friends/family.

Be prepared for the sweetest and friendliest little flower girl. She gave me a big hug when I met her.

Now onto the Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony. It was so beautiful with the candlelight and people's reactions.

The entire wedding party couldn't believe how easy the wedding formals were after the ceremony. That's always my goal: easy and fun photography. The wedding day isn't about me and my artistic demands; it's about celebrating a couple's love for each other. I'm meant to document and compliment the feeling of the day, not disrupt it.

AND now onto the PARTY!

Greeks know how to have a good time. Actually, the non-Greeks were rockin' it out too. The dancing and guests' interactions were some of my favorite moments of the day.

Whew! I know this was a long post, but I had so many moments I wanted to share.  Stacey and George, thank you so much for making my job easy and inspiring me throughout the day.

Best wishes!

sgblog-lauriepeacock-188.jpg

Venue: Ravenswood Event Center
DJ: Toast & Jam
Stephen Rotondo says:

Wow, fab storytelling Laurie, well deserving of a long post! I loved the getting ready shots and the confetti shot from behind - great work!

(10.22.10 @ 02:20 PM)
Razvan says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Fab work, Laurie.

(10.22.10 @ 03:59 PM)
Andy Barnhart says:

Wow! Great job! That church is amazing.

(10.22.10 @ 04:14 PM)
Jacob Lacey says:

the cat pic is awesome. love the flowers in the fridge.

(10.22.10 @ 04:30 PM)
Daniel Dunlap says:

What an amazing looking wedding Laurie and you did a killer job! I love it all!

(10.22.10 @ 05:23 PM)
Nessa K says:

This bride is so classic looking -- you did a great job capturing their wedding day. =)

(10.22.10 @ 05:28 PM)
Leah Kua says:

They are all beautiful, but some of these images really stopped me in my tracks. If these were mine I would be over the moon! Amazing work.

(10.22.10 @ 10:07 PM)
Leo Druker says:

Wow! I love how well you've told this story - beautiful portraits and your reception coverage is amazing. Awesome job!

(10.22.10 @ 11:47 PM)
Lyn Ismael-Bennett says:

Great photos you've captured here. It tells a great story of a couple and their special day. And what a stylish looking bride. Her style is to die for!

(10.23.10 @ 12:28 AM)
Penny Karis says:

Simply amazing photos!
The pictures captured real moments of emotions of Stacey and George.
The reflection of every photo was simply priceless of a moment in time.
A life time of memories. What a fun wedding! Excellent job on the photos!! BEAUTIFUL!

(10.23.10 @ 08:51 AM)
Stacey T. says:

Laurie, all I can say is WOW...these are really amazing. I'm so impressed and cannot wait to see all of the shots!

(10.23.10 @ 09:09 AM)
Allison Cosmos says:

Favorites are...

Flowers in the fridge with the ketchup and mustard!
The cat chasing the gown
The young girl with one shoe on and then one off!
Love ALL the dancing photos

GREAT JOB!

(10.23.10 @ 09:57 AM)
Vida Carson says:

AH! Great job Laurie.. I love all the little details you captured like the kitty, the flowers, the rings! You're awesome.

(10.23.10 @ 10:14 AM)
Kon and Eleni Moulakelis says:

Congrats too the both of you! The pics are awesome and we wish you love and happiness! Yamas

(10.23.10 @ 02:23 PM)
Thomas Lester says:

Ahaha! The kitty with the tux is awesome! Great images.

(10.23.10 @ 09:08 PM)
katerina@family says:

CONGRATULATION !!!!!!!! NA ZHSETE EUTUXISMENOI.KATERINA MBARTZI,ZEUGOLATIO .KISSS!!!!!!!!

(10.24.10 @ 11:52 AM)
Nancy Daoust says:

These pictures are the the "icing on the cake"! What a beautiful couple and what a gorgeous day! Thanks for including Steven and I!

(10.24.10 @ 08:24 PM)
Carol Ann and Richard Thurston says:

The pictures are absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing them with us.

(10.25.10 @ 12:42 AM)
Paul Rowland says:

Laurie, your work is always excellent. I really enjoyed getting a glimpse into this wedding via your post.

(10.25.10 @ 12:43 AM)
EVDOKIA KARAMPETSOS says:

Splendid photos. Congradulations ! Our best wishes to the new married.

(10.25.10 @ 09:21 AM)
Sandie Kanavos says:

Your photo's captured the moments of happiness and love ! Congratulations Laurie on beautiful wedding photo's! It did help that the bride was so striking and the groom was so handsome! Along with the bridal party and families!

(10.27.10 @ 04:38 PM)
Heather says:

AWESOME reception photographs! LOL that one of the groom showing the ring to the guys is hilarious!! XD

(10.30.10 @ 08:31 PM)
Sam says:

I'm never disapointed when I drop by, great work Laurie!

(11.01.10 @ 09:23 AM)
jillian says:

this looks like such a fantastic wedding!! i am REALLY considering Ravenswood Event Center for our ceremony and reception...just a little concerned about the lack of restrooms... your thoughts?! xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

(04.20.11 @ 08:51 AM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Stacey + George's Ravenswood Event Center Wedding . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/194

Anybody unsure of whether doing a "First Look," where the bride and groom see each other prior to the wedding, is as special as waiting until the ceremony should see Kristin and Tim's sequence below. So beautifully touching.

Kristin and Tim's wedding was elegant and lovely for a fall wedding. I loved the decor.

Another favorite moment of mine was Tim and his mother's first dance. They both couldn't stop the emotion from overflowing. Oh, and I LOVE Kristin's expressions.

Kristin and Tim, congrats and I'm soooo happy for you both.

Sunset Ridge Country Club Golf Course, Northfield
Wedding Coordinator: Ali Phillips
Tim says:

:Laurie, these photos are great. You captured such happy moments. Thank you so much for shooting our wedding!

(10.18.10 @ 09:42 PM)
Kristin says:

Oh my gosh, I cannot wait to see the rest of them! Laurie, you've done an amazing job once again. Thank you so much!

(10.19.10 @ 02:32 PM)
Jeff says:

Just came across your website. Im a photographer in Milwaukee and these photos are awesome!

(10.20.10 @ 06:58 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Kristin + Tim's Winnetka Wedding . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/193