November 9, 2010
When I was a kid, I wanted long, dark hair just like Mary's SO BAD. Instead I had pouffy hair, which more closely resembled a mullet than luscious long locks. *Sigh*  "We can't always get what we wa-a-aant," as the good ol' Rolling Stone song goes.

Somehow I think Mary and Louay have gotten what they want: each other. Congrats on your engagement and thanks for braving the cold, windy day with me!

Karen Kulovitz Shimek says:

Yea Mary, your pics look great! Laurie rocks, doesnt she ;)

(11.10.10 @ 11:12 PM)
Ruth Silver -- Chicago Wedding Photographer says:

Looks like a really great engagement session! Such a beautiful and happy couple. So many great places you visited (I love the Chicago Theater in the background). My favorite shot is the black and white with their foreheads touching and their gorgeous smiles. Excellent job.

(11.11.10 @ 10:53 AM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Mary + Louay engaged! . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/198

How much do I love Elizabeth and John's wedding? Let me count the ways.

1.) Elizabeth is seriously one of the funniest people I've ever met. She almost got the reception guests to believe that John and she might be expecting...in two years or so. The delivery was extremely on point and hilarious.

2.) She's also one of the kindest people I've met.

3.) John has quite the moves on the dance floor.

4.) So does Elizabeth.

5.) When John kissed Elizabeth after her reception speech, it sent shivers down my spine. So romantic.

6.) John's socks.

7.) Elizabeth's family (Yay, Lauren + Mike) Like seriously, can they all get married again just so I can hang out some more with them?  Also, Elizabeth and her sister's deep affirming love of Wisps (disposable toothbrushes) prior to the ceremony, cracked me up.

8.) John's SUPER-EXCITED-OMG-I-JUST-MARRIED-THE-BEST-GAL-ON-EARTH look after they walked down the aisle and out of the church.

9.) Speaking of the church, Holy Family Parish, LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Having survived the Great Chicago Fire, it's been recently restored. I've never seen anything like it before.

10.) Elizabeth and John rockin' out the entire night.

Congrats you two cuties!  Muah!

pimp your myspace at Gickr.com

Florist - Asrai Gardens
Dress - Pronovias. Bought at Dimitras
Bridal Belt (reception only) - Enzoani
Hair - The Hair Loft
Dj - Duke at Style Matter
Band (Cocktail) - Bottomfeeders

Also, special thanks to my second photographer, Allison Cosmos, for her beautiful work!
Lauren says:

Amazing, Laurie! It's impossible to pick a favorite photo. They're all beautiful. Love the one of Liz waiting at the back of the church. Sigh... Our family enjoyed you just as much as you enjoyed us :) Hopefully, they'll be an opportunity to work with you again!

(11.06.10 @ 03:25 PM)
Elizabeth says:

Thank you again, Laurie! And thanks to Allison and to your hubby. You guys did an incredible job and we are getting so many comments from friends and family about how wonderfully you captured the day and so many special moments. How are we ever going to narrow it down to for an album that isn't 900 pages long???

(11.09.10 @ 05:30 PM)
John O'Brien says:

Holy smokes. That looked like one good time. And it really was! You two were GREAT. Can't thank you enough.
-John

(11.18.10 @ 03:29 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Elizabeth + John's Prairie Production Wedding . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/197

Light inspires me. High school sweethearts also inspire me. Throw in an adorable dress, pink balloon, where Bryan proposed and you have one of my favorite engagement sessions this year.

I can't wait to photograph your wedding, Olga and Bryan!

Olga says:

Squeal! Laurie, these are amazing! They surpassed all my expectations! :)

(11.02.10 @ 07:02 PM)
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Olga and Bryan's Northwestern Engagement Session . TrackBack URL for this entry: http://lauriepeacock.com/darkroom/mt/mt-tb.cgi/196